1. DEFINITION OF "PERSONAL INFORMATION"
In our terms, personal information is defined as any and all personal information defined under Article 2, Paragraph 1 of the Protection Act. This indicates all following information related to living individuals: full/true name, date of birth, digital or physical mailing address, and any other information provided which can easily be corroborated with other personal information or identify an individual.
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sensitive personal information is defined as those in Article 2, Paragraph 3 of the Protection Act, and includes the race/ethnicity, religion, social status, medical history, criminal records or history of criminal targeting, and other information related to prevent disadvantages towards the user based on unfair discrimination or prejudice, as stipulated under the Cabinet Order to Enforce the Act on the Protection of Personal Information.
2. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Provision and development of our products and services.
- For information and guidance of our products, services, and campaigns.
- For marketing, research, and analysis efforts aimed at improving and enhancing the quality of our products and services.
- To notify users of changes to our services or terms and conditions, or to provide our maintenance and support.
- To confirm the identities of those related to financial institutions, as to prevent any actions which violate our terms and policies (also referred to as "terms").
- To have emergency contacts, such as when needing to confirm a transfer to a financial institution.
- Other reasons related to the above purposes.
3. CHANGES TO PURPOSE OF INFORMATION COLLECTION
The company may change how we utilize provided personal information within range that is acknowledged to be relevant and reasonable, and will alert all users of any changes when made via personal notification or a site-wide announcement.
4. RESTRICTIONS ON THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will not handle any type of personal information that is not directly necessary to achieve the purposes listed above without obtaining explicit customer consent, other than those permitted by the Protection Act and related laws. However, the following cases will be exempt:
- If the collection is required by law.
- If it is necessary to protect human life, body, or property.
- If it is necessary to improve public health or promote the healthy development of youth.
- If it is necessary for a national institution, local public entity, or a person entrusted by said institutions to cooperate in carrying out actions stipulated by laws and regulations, and there is a possibility that obtaining explicit consent obstructs this work.
5. OBTAINMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will acquire personal information appropriately and legally in all cases, and will not acquire it through deception or other illegal means.
6. SAFETY AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will provide any and all necessary and appropriate supervision over the company's employees, so that personal information is safely managed and protected against risks such as loss, destruction, falsification, unlawful sharing, and more. Additionally, when the handling of personal information is partially or fully entrusted to another party, the company will provide any and all necessary and appropriate materials and supervision so that provided personal information can be managed equally as safely by all parties.
7. THIRD PARTY SHARING
The company will not provide nor share personal information to any third parties without the prior and explicit consent of the customer, unless its disclosure is permitted under the Protection Act and other related laws. However, the following cases will be exempt:
- If the disclosure of information is required or necessary to work with an approved third party, or to achieve the services we provide.
- If personal information is required to be shared due to business succession, merging, etc.
8. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should clients request the disclosure of personal information based on the provisions of the Protection Act, then we will disclose information after confirming the legitimacy of the request; if the requested information does not exist, then the customer will be informed as such. However, any personal information cannot be disclosed even upon request if the company is not obligated to do so under the Protection Act or other related laws. We charge a processing fee of 800 yen (including tax) per successful request for the disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of personal information.
9. CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should clients request correction, addition, or deletion (collectively referred to as "correction") of personal information content, due to reasons listed in the Protection Act and related laws such as the correction of false information, the company will first confirm that the request comes from the user themselves. Upon confirming so, we will then conduct necessary investigations within the reasonable scope necessary to confirm there is legitimate reason, then correct the information requested. Clients will be notified, both in cases whether the change was successful or unsuccessful. This does not apply if the company is unable or not obliged to make corrections for reasons stipulated in the Protection Act and related laws.
10. SUSPENSION OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Should clients request the suspension of access to or total deletion of personal information (collectively referred to as "suspension"), due to reasons listed in the Protection Act and related laws such as the client's personal information being unlawfully handled for reasons that do not pertain to our purposes, or the personal information having been obtained in a deceptive manner or other illegal means, the company will first confirm that the request comes from the user themselves. Upon confirming so, we will conduct necessary investigations within the reasonable scope necessary to confirm legitimate concern, then temporarily suspend any and all access to the user's personal information or completely delete provided information. Clients will be notified, both in cases where suspension was successful or unsuccessful. This does not apply if the company is unable or not obliged to suspend or delete for reasons stipulated in the Protection Act and related laws.
11. HANDLING OF SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
The company will handle sensitive personal information only after obtaining the client's consent in advance, unless otherwise permitted or considered necessary for reasons stipulated in the Protection Act and other related laws.
12. USAGE OF COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
In addition to handling data directly from clients, our company may also use other technologies such as cookies which help us understand how our products and services are used, and contribute to improving them. Customers who wish to disable cookies are able to disable at will by changing the settings directly in respective web browsers. Note that disabling cookies may possibly render some functions of our service unavailable for use.
If there are any questions, concerns, or requests regarding our disclosure policy or any other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information, please contact the following below:
Personal Information Inquiry Window;
ALLEX Customer Support
14. CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENT
【This Policy was last revised and updated on September 11th, 2019. 】